8355 BS Giethoorn
0031 6 51 12 90 38
Hostess Son and host Mart
Your hostess Son and host Mart lives on the other side of the garden. They manage Plompeblad Giethoorn from 2013. Son is -in the background- usually busy with cleaning, laundry and the garden and Mart is -in addition to various odd jobs- the host during your stay. You can check in between 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm and he will be delighted to welcome you. After 2 pm you can check in yourself and there is a map at the door where you need to be. Mart will come in the evening to hear whether everything is as desired and to answer any questions.
See you soon!
Son and Mart
Route to Plompeblad Giethoorn
Below the route by car and public transport
- Route: Enter Giethoorn in your navigation. When entering the village, follow the signs P2 centrum (GREEN – note there are several P2). You take the last parking space and park (free) at the black garage boxes with a large advertising sign for restaurant “Het Achterhuus”. Then walk to the path by the water, towards the village. At the church, go left over the bridge. At the second bridge over the water is our entrance where you can register to ring the bell.
NOTE: If you enter Binnenpad 46 in the navigation, you will enter on the wrong side of the village and you have to continue walking.
- You can call me on (0031) 6-51 12 90 38.
Public transport from Schiphol
- Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Steenwijk. There you take bus 70 (direction Zwartsluis) from Connexxion to Giethoorn. Get off at the Hylkemaweg stop and cross the road (carefully). Follow the Hylkemaweg that runs along the water canal and after 1 km you will arrive at Restaurant ‘t Achterhuus. There follow the road to the church. At the church, go left over the bridge. At the second bridge over the water is our entrance where you can register to ring the bell.
You can also call me on (0031) 6-51 12 90 38.
- You can order a taxi from Steenwijk station if you arrive later in the evening, for example. The address for the taxi is Hylkemaweg 43. You will then be dropped off at restaurant ‘t Achterhuus. There follow the road to the church. At the church, go left over the bridge. At the second bridge over the water is our entrance where you can register to ring the bell.
- You can also call me on (0031) 6-51 12 90 38.
check in and out
You can check in from 1 p.m. (we are there until 2 p.m.). If you are later, there is a map by the bell showing you how to walk to the residence. Martin will drop by in the evening to welcome you.
- You can cancel for free up to 1 week before arrival.
- Cancellation within 7 days before arrival costs 50%
- Cancellation 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 days before arrival costs 75%
- Cancellation 1 day in advance and on the day of arrival costs 100%
House rules and Corona measures
• No visitors
• Smoking is not allowed inside
• No pets
• Music quietly and not after 10 pm
• You can check in yourself if necessary.
• There is no breakfast service
• Maximum 2 people
• Take into account passing on the paths and bridges of Giethoorn (1.5 meters)
• When checking out, please put rubbish outside, leave windows ajar.